Prevent rather than Correct
The Healthy Start System™ is a revolutionary departure from traditional orthodontics that treats kids early, is non-invasive, and is a natural way of straightening teeth. It works as well or better than braces, plastic aligners, surgery, or other alternatives to achieve a picture-perfect smile. Dr. Gill is one of only a few doctors in this area trained to offer this innovative new system!
Healthy Start Results from Real Patients
Overbite and Overjet
After five years of overbite and overjet treatment, the Healthy Start System for Preteens worked.
Benefits of the Healthy Start System
Dr. Gill and their staff work hard to bring their patients the most cutting- edge dental technology with the most benefits. When you choose the Healthy Start System, you experience the following benefits:
- Achieve a perfect smile WITHOUT braces, or surgery
- Prevent crooked teeth versus correcting crooked teeth
- Achieve permanent results
- Experience no discomfort
- Treats naturally working with your facial growth and development
Beautiful Smiles Are Just The Beginning
Disordered sleep breathing (SDB) is an all-encompassing term for breathing disorders, from mild snoring to severe airway obstruction during sleep When your kid’s breathing is disrupted, his or her body recognizes the disruption much like choking, therefore, slowing the heart rate, raising the blood pressure, arousing the brain, ultimately disrupting sleep. Traditionally, there have been very few responses to address this issue, but now Drs. Gill is using Healthy Start to treat these issues.
Causes of Sleep-Disordered Breathing
Crooked teeth, crowded teeth, or mouth breathing can cause underdevelopment of the mouth and jaw when your kid’s nasal and upper airway is constricted. The Healthy Start system works to guide your kid’s teeth into their proper position, expanding and fully developing his or her mouth and jaw.
How Can I Tell If My Child Has Sleep-Disordered Breathing?
Does it ever sounds like a freight train is running through your kid’s room at night or as they lay asleep in back seat on the way home from a trip? Loud snoring is one of the most obvious signs that your baby may have poor sleep apnea. Gasping and snorting sounds while your kid sleeps may catch you off guard or even make you momentarily worry. These sounds stem from your kid moving from a deeper sleep to a lighter (towards waking up) struggling to breathe.
Common Sleep Disorder Breathing Symptoms Include:
- Chronic Allergies
- Mouth Breathing
- Swollen Adenoids/Tonsils
- Frequent Headaches
- Teeth Grinding
- Frequently Waking up
- Excessively Sweating While Asleep
- Restless Sleep
- Irritability/ Aggressive Behavior
- Difficulty in School Subjects of Math, Science, and Spelling
- Arrested Growth
- Daytime Drowsiness
- Dark Circles under the eyes
How Does The Healthy Start System Work?
The Healthy Start System harnesses the natural dynamics of tooth eruption. Smooth, elegant, and removable appliances show gently erupted teeth into proper alignment. Additionally, Healthy Start promotes healthy and symmetric growth of the lower jaw, widens the entrance to ensure that there is sufficient space to erupt the emerging permanent teeth directly, and creates a jaw quality a worth it
Depending On The Age Of Your Child The System Uses a Series Of Appliances:
- Habit-Corrector: The habit-corrector eliminates or improves current oral habits that can damage your kid’s dental health. He or she wears the habit-corrector at night while sleeping. With a design similar to that of a pacifier, your kid will become used to wearing a device in his or her mouth every night. This step lasts about 1-5 months.
- Second Phase: Your kid will get an appliance customized and sized for your kid to wear every night. It aids the incoming teeth into their proper places, corrects jaw relations, and expands your kid’s arches for the incoming adult teeth. Your kid will wear this device for 2-6 months.
- Final Phase: The final treatment begins with a device that accommodates incoming adult teeth. It begins when your child has at least 4 permanent teeth. This phase is extremely important because his or her adult teeth are forming and the gum tissue fibers are starting to attach the teeth in the mouth. Healthy Start works perfectly to ensure the teeth erupt into proper alignment.
Consider The Healthy Start System
Dr. Gill and their staff only offer time-tested and proven procedures to their patients. Researchers and developers have carefully designed the Healthy Start System, adaptable to each patient’s individual needs. Dr. Gill‘s ability to determine the optimal Healthy Start System for your kid makes him the dentist you want to correct your kid’s Sleep Disordered Breathing symptoms.